Tuesday 17 November 2020

INTERVIEW WITH JASLEEN SAINI - CONTEMPORARY POET


1) When did you decide that you should also write?
There were many people who identified the writer in me and encouraged me to write. In April/May 2019, I was mesmerized by the divinity of a spiritual human being which prompted me to write a poem "Angel in the age of vice". 

2) Do you want to inspire people through your writing or do you write just as a hobby ? 

Writing gives immense peace and satisfaction. It is neither hobby nor obligation but breath of my soul. It'd be great if my poems help people connect with their heart.

3) What inspires you  to write poetry? 
Anything which stimulates my six senses.

4 ) what kind of poetry do you like? And tell us about your black out poetry? 
Though all poetic forms are exquisite, experimental poems are my heart. Blackout poetry helps when one isn't inspired by anything. I always use newspaper, magazine or too old dictionary for finding a poem because I can get to learn new words, phrases and metaphors which I  can use in my  other poems. 

5 ) Who are your favourite writers/Poets?
There's an account on instagram named as 'yourheartbeatsstrong'  which supports writing accounts with followers  below 500- i love each and every poet featured on that account.Also, Sabarna Roy. 

6 ) One advice you would give to the upcoming writers/Poets ?
Keep writing. Keep writing. And read books as much as you can. 

7) Did you face issue in publishing or editing?
Well, I didn't. 

8) When did you decide to publish your book?Share your overall publishing " In the throat of poppy"
The publishing idea had been wandering in my mind for so long. Last year, I decided to publish a book. It took 6 months(Jan 2020- Jun 2020)  to complete a manuscript. Afterwards, I searched well for a good publisher online and came across white falcon publishing and submitted my manuscript to them. Publishing process took almost 3 months. My experience with them was good; they were cooperative. 

9) share two of your personal favourite poems written by you.
I am sharing excerpts from my not so longer poems:

-"there are souls whose souls lie in moon,

there are souls whose sorrows lie in moon."

-" of unhearing my fancy to pour myself 

on the rising of setting earth"

Let's know you more ( Fire round)

 a)Your Inspiration?
Hard-working and passionate artists. 

b) Any other hobbies apart from writing?
Many months ago, I learnt to play the guitar. I quit playing it then. Now, I am thinking of pursuing this hobby again. Song/Rap-writing too.

c) Who or what has been your motivation?
People who had hurt and humiliated me in the past. 

d) Do you seek anyone's advice while                  writing? If yes who ? 
I read books by great writers for seeking advices. I have an account 'js.reads11' where I post my favourite books. I recommend you to go through them. 

e) The topics you wish to write upon?
 Feminism, caste system, homage to “mercy for animals”..

f) Which is your favourite book and film?
My favourite books are "the story of soulmates reunited by Dr. Brian weiss", "immortal talks by shunya", " Universe has your back by Gabrielle Bernstien" and many more to be. 

g) places you want to visit ? 

Mountains , mountains and mountains 

h) what does life mean to you? If given a chance what would you like to change on this earth or add? 
 Life is a mystery to me. If given a chance, I'd make sure that animals are not tortured, each and every woman of this world gets dignity and love and children are safe and happy. Also, only religion ought to be love. 









No comments:

Post a Comment